Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 11

Today was not good when it came to dinner. I started the day happily with my chocolate granola followed by some grapes about 2 hours later. Lunch was carrot and butterbean soup which was fine.






Dinner however, I didn't enjoy :-(
When I was researching Diet Chef I came across a forum where people who were doing the diet chef programme were talking about food and stuff. A lot of them said how great the macaroni and cheese was so I ordered two to try it out. Now, i'm not crazy on cheese so I should have known. I only like grated cheese on a jacket potato and I like it crispy on top of stuff (pizza, lasagne, pasta bake etc). However this was just cheese goo. I had a few bites and I had to chuck it in the bin. Which left me having to open another dinner meal. I chose beef bolognese because I didn't think I could go wrong with since the pasta bolognese was lovely. But I was wrong.  While I could eat it (unlike the cheese slop) it wasn't really enjoyable. The beef was almost non-existant. You wouldn't even have to chew it, there's no bite to it. It taste and texture was more like quorn than real meat. But it filled a hole I suppose and now I know not to order either of these two again.


The macaroni and cheese.. yuck.

Beef bolognese.. doesn't look appetising does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment